What you'll learn:
- Get a mature understanding of what a programming language is
- What applications and programs are and how they are used
- Understand “under the hood” workings of how code actually runs on our computer
- Learn how to diagram and effectively technically communicate through your code
- Learn the foundational skills from first principles that will better set you up for success in the development world today
- Any computer with Internet and Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- No paid software is required.
In this course, you will follow along with other beginner developers as we lead them through the units and will learn a multitude of important concepts starting with what a programming language even is in the first place, and how the internet works giving you a full general picture of the industry to build our knowledge upon.
We will end the course with Functional Programming and Native Methods, like the Array Push Method and the Object Keys Method which are important built-in features of the language that will be vital to your understanding of becoming an engineer.
In addition to this, you'll get the support you need from mentors and your peers in our CSX Slack community. A community of over 12,000 beginner and experienced engineers from all over the world who will challenge you and be there to help push you through the tough engineering blocks and help you to achieve your dream career in tech.
By the end of the course, you will have the knowledge that you need in order to accelerate your future in Software Engineering.
Who this course is for:
- 13 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion