Microsoft SQL Server Development for Everyone
Learn the fundamentals of database design, development and querying using the latest Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server Development for Everyone udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
Basic Database Design (Tables, Columns, Data Types, Primary Keys, Normalization)
Using Microsoft SQL Management Studio
SELECT Statements: Queries against single tables (Filtering, Ordering, Grouping)
DELETE: How to remove data from a database
INSERT INTO: How to insert data into a table
UPDATE: How to update existing data
Filter groups of data using the HAVING clause
Overall Database Development Best Practices
Creating Relationships and Foreign Keys
How to query related data from multiple tables
Using Aggregate Functions in SQL
How to export Query Results to Excel
How to craft SQL statements based on real scenarios
Create Complex Database Objects (Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Triggers)
Backup and Restore Databases
Generate Database Scripts for Automation
A desire to learn database development
This is a zero to hero course on Microsoft SQL Databases and Querying. There are no pre-requisites for this course. This course provides you with fundamental SQL Server training and is enough to get you started at a Database Developer or Junior Database Administrator.
This course will teach you how to use the SQL language within Microsoft SQL Server, one of the most popular database engines in the world.
Why Learn Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database server, it is a software product with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications
We will explore best practices in database development using SQL Server and will be building a small school management system database.
All you need is a windows machine and we will walk through setting up an environment, to creating a database, creating your first table and writing queries.
At the end of this course, you should be comfortable writing queries for multiple situations and reports.
What you’ll learn
- Install SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to a Database Instance
- Create a Database
- Create Tables
- Run Queries against Tables
- General use of the Management Studio
- Create Relationships (Normalization)
- Use Aggregate functions to do quick mathematical operations
- Export data to Excel using the Management Studio
- Practical use of SQL
- Creating and Managing Database Views
- Creating and Managing Custom Functions; Table Triggers and Stored Procedures
- How to Backup and Restore Databases
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- A Windows PC (or Windows running on a Virtual Machine if using Linux/Mac)
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners with absolutely no experience.
- This course is for you if you are already comfortable with basic database operations.
- This course is for you if you feel a bit ‘rusty’ and need to refresh your knowledge.
- This course is for you if you want to understand design principles in database development.
- This course is for you if you are proficient in Microsoft Access and want to learn a new Database Management System
- This course is for EVERYONE!
6 hours on-demand video
19 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion